Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Based at Tennis Canada’s Sobeys Stadium office in Toronto, ON and reporting to the Manager, Communications, the Coordinator, Communications will be a crucial member of Tennis Canada’s growing communications and PR team. This fast-paced role will work within a department that’s at the heart of all Tennis Canada initiatives, including the world-class Masters’ 1000 event, the National Bank Open in Toronto.
With the recent success Canadian tennis has enjoyed, including a first Canadian Grand Slam singles champion in Bianca Andreescu, a Davis Cup championship and multiple breakout stars on the ATP and WTA Tours, there’s no better time to be involved in tennis in Canada!
- Play an integral role in the day-to-day operations of the Communications department.
- Research, write and edit media releases and advisories.
- Produce a daily media report for internal stakeholders.
- Assist in the collection and selection of photography for all print and electronic communications and maintain photo database for organization.
- Maintain the Tennis Canada Virtual Media Centre year-round.
- Assist the Manager, Communications in the coordination of media operations and PR initiatives for Billie Jean King Cup and Davis Cup ties.
- Support the communications team in the production of corporate communications documents.
- Assist the Manager, Communications in producing media reports for senior management and stakeholders.
- Support the communications team in the planning and delivery of Tennis Canada initiatives.
- Work with the content team to produce and publish content for the Tennis Canada and National Bank Open websites.
- Manage media credential application and acceptance process for the Billie Jean King Cup, Davis Cup and National Bank Open
- Assist in the content creation and production of National Bank Open fan communications, including newsletters, fan guide and media guide.
- Lead a team of volunteers and summer staff during the National Bank Open.
- Coordinate directly with suppliers, vendors and corporate partners in the leadup to and during the National Bank Open.
- Post-secondary degree in Public Relations/Communications or a related field.
- 2 to 3 years of experience working in communications, sports, or journalism.
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written.
- Excellent organization and time management skills and attention to detail.
- Capacity to work independently as well as a team player.
- Show tact, great work ethic, professionalism.
- Knowledge of tennis.
- Bilingual French (asset).