How to apply
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Fitness & Health
This role will Coach our under 12 (u12) age group, while assisting with other age groups and collaborating with the entire Technical staff at LAFC. We are seeking an individual with an ability to lead individual player development and collective team development, to lay a foundation for a players’ future at LAFC. The ideal candidate will be an expert or highly capable of coaching the foundation phase in our u12 program and have the knowledge or ability to scout and attract local under 10, under 11, and under 12 talent, while implementing LAFC’s methodology at this age level. This role is expected to adhere to all guidelines and regulations set forth by the MLS, MLS Next Pro, US Soccer, and LAFC.
- Oversee all aspects of an u12 age group team while assisting other LAFC Academy age groups.
- Successfully manage all athletes associated with the program.
- Implementation of club methodology, effective practice, and game plans through Academy Curriculum.
- Manage all u12 matches and ensure players understand and apply training concepts and competitive mentality.
- Develop u12 players through individualized planning.
- Identification, assessment, and recruitment of prospective players.
- Assist with budget management, equipment oversight, and travel planning.
- Participation in clinic, camp, public relations, and marketing for LAFC.
- Ensure all applicable safety guidelines and standards are maintained during training, practice, and games.
- Collaborate with Academy Performance staff to foster development and regulate volume.
- Communicate with Academy Scouts frequently to identify talent.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Previous competitive soccer coaching experience required.
- Experience in a similar role with MLS Academy team is preferred.
- Detail oriented with excellent performance and time management skills.
- Ability to multitask, operate effectively, and make sound decisions in a dynamic working environment with frequent changes and tight deadlines.
- Must always possess a professional demeanor with the ability to handle difficult situations in a calm manner.
- Strong interpersonal with the ability to quickly build trust and relationships with players, parents, and staff.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and efficiently – both verbal and written.
- Must be reliable, trustworthy, and able to maintain high confidentiality.
- Must adhere to all Club and MLS policies and protocols surrounding minor players and SafeSport training.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: including but not limited to word, excel, PowerPoint and outlook.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Valid driver license and insurance coverage required.
- Must be able to travel with the team as needed.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.