How to apply
Washington D.C., DC, USA
Jr. Wizards, the official youth basketball program of the Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and Capital City Go-Go, are looking for experienced Camp Directors to join our growing team. This role will be responsible for directing week-long summer basketball camps while confidently and successfully implementing our curriculum and mission.
Are you passionate about teaching both basketball and life skills? We'd love to hear from you!
- Supervise camp and clinic participants in both in-person and virtual environments.
- Serve as lead instructor at Wizards basketball camps.
- Supervise camp staff.
- Respond to parent inquiries in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for the general well-being of all students.
- Serve as a role model to students.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings and trainings.
- Perform additional duties and functions as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 2+ years basketball coaching or playing (college or above) experience.
- Experience directing full day basketball camps is required.
- Experience working with children ages 6 to 17.
- Prior coaching experience (AAU, Middle School, High School level or beyond).
- Must have previous experience directing summer basketball camps.
- Deep knowledge of the game of basketball.
- Effective communication and motivational skills that are age appropriate.
- Professionalism and punctuality are a must.
- Ability to follow a detailed lesson plan and curriculum.