Events Intern Orange Blossom Classic
No Longer Accepting Applications
Miami Lakes, FL, USA
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual interested in a career in Events. Intern will observe, learn and develop skills necessary to explore career opportunities within the chosen field. Individual may qualify for college credit if allowed by their college/university. This position is an unpaid internship.
- Learn the inner workings of a major non-profit sports and event organization and how it relates to the community.
- Learn the basic fundamentals of non-profit community events.
- Assist with planning signature OBC events: VIP Welcome Mixer, Welcome Reception and Kickoff Luncheon, Battle of the Bands, Sports Symposium, Job Fair and Game Day Fan Fest.
- Exposure and assistance with event logistical needs including but not limited to event setup, breakdown, managing challenges, effective communication with venue contact, staff management, food and beverage monitoring, etc.
- Key point of contact between the OBC and event management and design agency and vendors.
- Other opportunities as may be available.
- Current or upcoming college senior or recent graduate.
- Strong communication skills and telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge and strong interest in sports and event planning.
- Excellent communication, computer and organizational skills.
- Knowledge in Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- High energy; ability to remain focused on goals and work independently
- Flexibility and willingness to work evenings and weekends.
- Full availability during Game Week, August 28 – September 4, 2023.