How to apply
Orlando, FL, USA
The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour (HJGT) was founded in 2007 with the intention of providing junior golfers between the ages of 8-18 an opportunity to play exceptional courses in a competitive environment. The tour’s vision is to provide superb hospitality and make every event a memorable one. With play open to both males and females, nearly every junior golfer is eligible to participate on the HJGT. Currently the HJGT is the largest junior golf tour in the world hosting more 2-day nationally ranked events than any other tour.
Under the direct supervision and mentorship of HJGT Tournament Directors and Staff Members, Interns will learn how to operate golf tournaments through their active involvement with all aspects of tournament operations, from course setup to course breakdown. The internship will provide direct hands on training and require extensive travel every weekend across the country, including: Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee, Alabama, Kentucky, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Maryland, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Colorado, Missouri, Illinois, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Texas, Minnesota, Iowa, California, Arizona, New Jersey, and North Carolina. When interns are not traveling, they will be provided Business Operations training at the HJGT Headquarters through hands on learning and development provided by the Senior Leadership team. There are eight operations teams across of the country. Two of them live in full time housing which is in FL or GA while the other five teams are travel teams and they live in hotels during the duration of their program. Travel teams spend one full week in each city they visit.
- Pursuing a degree in Business/Sports Management/Marketing or other related fields
- This is an unpaid internship, and you must receive at least one (1) credit for the onsite experience from an accredited College/University.
- Must be within good standing of your College/University
- Provide extensive customer service to all players and families
- Tournament set-up and preparation includes, but not limited to: marking golf courses, tee and hole locations, scoreboard set-up, utility set-up
- Starting and scoring of players, on course rules officiating, pace of play management
- Other duties assigned by management
- Knowledge of golf (Preferred)
- Ability to Multitask in a Faced-Paced Environment
- Excellent communication/writing skills
- Attention to detail
- Goal oriented
- Result driven