How to apply
The Business Development Manager plays an important role in the management and execution of new sports business opportunities and revenue streams for AEG, including but not limited to Soccer Champions Tour, the Coachella Valley Invitational, domestic exhibitions, international exhibitions, etc.
- Manages the planning and on-site execution of sports business development initiatives for AEG and the LA Galaxy, including but not limited to Soccer Champions Tour, the Coachella Valley Invitational, domestic and international exhibitions, and other new business initiatives as directed by the Senior Director of Business Development.
- Leads the ideation and creation of business development materials based on defined business and or project objectives and requirements. Performs market research and analysis on key business data and maintain information for integration with new business materials (i.e., data analysis, project recaps, sales pitch decks, competition calendars, maps.)
- Oversees Public Relations for business development initiatives. Leads the creation and distribution of press releases, organizes media requests and marketing materials, contributes to social media accounts, and serves as a point of contact for media on-site at key events.
- Maintains and develops strong partnerships with clients and partners; provides key updates on projects and initiatives through execution of business development properties (i.e, MLS, Premier League, LaLiga, Serie A, Liga MX and other professional sports teams and leagues).
- Manages budgets of over $1M for business development properties. Maintains clear communication with Senior Director of Business Development and Finance on all initiatives.
- BA/BS Degree (4-year)
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Experience in the sports, venue, and/or entertainment industry
- Experience leading large-scale projects
- Experience with relationship management
- Experience with social media management is preferred
- Experience conducting market research and analysis is preferred
- Experience with managing project budgets, including invoicing and settlements
- Excellent communicator with strong inter-personal skills and the ability to handle a high-volume of calls, emails, meetings, etc.
- Knowledge of the sport's industry and a deep understanding of soccer