How to apply
Whitby, ON, Canada
- High Performance Culture – Facilitate the development of a clearly defined and promoted high performance culture in the province, including establishing values, standards and protocols that fit within the goals of the multi-year Rugby Ontario High Performance Plan.
- Pathways – Design and implement a player pathway for the province that aligns with national priorities, including developing a talent identification program (see below section) for performance athletes and coaches, and liaise with relevant stakeholders to support development opportunities for Match Officials.
- Player Development – Facilitate the development and implementation of high performance development programs (for athletes and coaches), including regional, inter-branch and provincial-level programs and academy structures.
- Program Staff Selection – Lead the selection and evaluation process(es) for all volunteer staffing positions for Provincial Teams and Academy programs (Coaches, Managers, Strength & Conditioning Coaches, Medical Staff, Integrated Support Team, etc.). [Note: For 2023, the Provincial Head Coach selection process for the various age grade provincial programs has commenced prior to the release of this job posting.]
- Team Selection – Receive, review and monitor all Provincial Team selection processes & criteria with assigned program coaches and technical leaders; provide feedback as required.
- Technology – Facilitate the effective use of technology and video analysis to monitor and assess each athlete and coach skill performance and development; inspire innovation in best practices delivered within the high performance programs.
- Leadership Development – Identify and develop successors for the Rugby Ontario High Performance programs and personnel by establishing a clear connection to grassroots club and branch programming.
High Performance Planning
- Annual High Performance Planning – Informed by the Strategic Plan, develop, implement and monitor Rugby Ontario’s annual High Performance Plan with the High Performance Committee, Branches, Provincial Team and Academy coaches, and ensure key performance indicators (KPIs) are met or exceeded.
- High Performance Partners – Foster and develop relationships with key performance rugby partner organizations, including Rugby Canada, Provincial Unions, Member Clubs & Branches, Toronto Arrows, OUA / OCAA / OFSAA, funding agencies and other key stakeholders.
- Club-led Elements of the Pathway – Support community club and Branch-led rugby programming and player development pathway initiatives aligned with provincial programming.
- Budgeting – Lead the development of the annual high performance program budgets in conjunction with the full-time Coordinator, Provincial & High Performance Programs and other Rugby Department personnel.
- Program Reporting & Reviews – Contribute to the presentation of reports to funding agencies to fulfill obligations as required; lead the annual review process for all high performance programs
- Competition Strategy & Planning – Represent Rugby Ontario to all national / regional competition committees / working groups and lead the planning and development of a meaningful and strategic competition model that supports all active provincial and high performance teams.
- Player Welfare – Liaise with the designated Medical Lead to provide medical staff for provincial events and programs ensuring that player welfare, health and safety are absolute priority at all times; ensure Rowan’s Law is adopted and implemented in all provincial programs.
- $55,000 – $60,000 per annum, based on experience;
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits;
- 3 weeks of paid time off annually;
- Full-time salaried position, standard business hours (9 am – 5 pm). The nature and scope of this position may from time to time require, particularly through extended periods of the year, the need for work to be scheduled outside regular business hours, including evenings and weekends with a willingness to travel when required.
- Hybrid work environment – remote four (4) days a week, in office minimum of one (1) day a week in the Rugby Ontario office. (Office Address: Abilities Centre, 1 Jim Flaherty Street, Whitby ON L1N 0J2)