How to apply
- Create and maintain technical foundations from which all styles are developed and communicate updates to Apparel Designers:
- All Template Maintenance (Grading, Construction), Size Scales, Block/Blank Development, Foundational Pattern Analysis and Patternmaking
- Acts as primary support to the Designer by assisting with sketch updates, trend direction, and providing workable construction solutions.
- Ownership of tech pack specifications and details inside WFX for all apparel styles
- Respond to factory inquiries relating to fit/spec/construction and update tech packs accordingly.
- Schedule and perform weekly fit sessions on live models/standard dress forms.
- Evaluate fit of prototypes, communicating changes with factories.
- Utilize digital photos, technical sketches, detailed instructions, and comments from fit sessions to communicate corrections.
- Maintain fit model database and assist with fit model analysis.
- Provide prep/fit comment support by uploading vendor measurements, inputting comment templates, and providing solutions to complex pattern corrections as needed.
- Understand and react to industry fit and sizing standards through market fit analysis and Alvanon educational tools for Men’s, Women’s and extended size apparel categories.
- Establish and Conducts internal Wear Tests to ensure size ranges are current and to validate the fit and function of current seasonal styles.
- Must have educational or experiential foundation in fashion and/or technical design from accredited design school or company.
- Critical eye for proper apparel fit and construction and ability to communicate corrections effectively.
- Balance creativity with technical capability and interpret design sketches for tech packs.
- Well-versed in variety of apparel classifications including fabrication, sizing and silhouette variations.
- Strong understanding of both Men’s and Women’s extended sizes
- Able to effectively balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Both effective as a team player and working independently