How to apply
This role focuses on overseeing the lighting, sound, props, and general scenery of the arena to transform the space to meet event requirements. These include basketball, hockey, and concerts as needed. Stagehands oversee equipment required to set up for an event and must work as a team to ensure the space is set at a satisfactory level.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set-up, strike, and operate temporary in-house and rented lighting equipment for non-Seattle Kraken events
- Set-up and strike all temporary show-related lighting equipment, whether truss or ground supported
- Set-up and strike rented audio and/or lighting equipment and consoles under the direction of supplier and/or show production personnel
- Set-up and strike all temporary tour/show related audio equipment.
- Programming of all equipment (consoles and computers) for theatrical lighting and sound equipment for non-Seattle Kraken events
- Set-up and strike of special effects equipment, including for pyrotechnics, cryogenics, lasers, and atmospheric treatments, etc.
- Operation of venue owned and/or tour supplied spotlights
- Set-up and strike of all masking of screens, support towers and platforms, masking drape, backdrop and carpet on performance areas
- Moving, assembly, repair, use and removal, and packing of tour-provided and/or rented stage sets, backline, backdrops, and any theatrical or scenic elements or décor necessary to produce the show or event
- Theatrical carpentry and related stagecraft work
- Construction, maintenance, and deployment of props owned and carried by the tour as required by the tour
- Must follow management’s verbal and written instructions
- Assist performers backstage when directed
- Adjust sets as needed when directed
- Maintain the cleanliness of the performance space
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions and work in a rapid environment.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Excellent stamina
- Ability to collaborate with others
- Ability to focus under pressure