How to apply
Victoria, BC, Canada
Fitness & Health
Recreation and Leisure
The PRL, reporting to the High Performance Director (HPD), will work with the Para Rowing Advisory Committee and RCA Leadership in developing, implementing, and leading a strategy for High Performance Para Rowing in Canada.
The objectives of the role include:
- Create the conditions for the growth of grass roots para rowing programs in our Clubs and Universities.
- Establish a sustainable para athlete development pathway for high performance para rowing that optimizes partnerships with Provinces, Clubs and other Para Sport organizations.
- Build a national competition and event strategy for para rowing.
- Develop networks to optimize opportunities for Talent ID and Transfer.
- Provide Technical guidance to coaches and athletes engaged in Para Rowing performance programs.
- Determine an optimal performance plan and training environment for Athletes and Crews in the National Team Program.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of progressive programming and leadership experience, at the provincial, national, and international levels.
- Experience in and knowledge of para sport at a domestic and international level as well as an understanding of recruitment strategies is an asset.
- This position will require considerable domestic and international travel.
- Working knowledge of both Canada’s official languages is an asset.