How to apply
Chicago, IL, USA
Chicago Fire FC is seeking a Director of Safety & Security who will lead security for Chicago Fire FC. They will be responsible for partnering with the head of security at Soldier Field, overseeing the safety and security at Chicago Fire matches at SeatGeek Stadium, and will travel with the team on away matches. This position will also be responsible for effective emergency action planning.
- Provide physical protection responsibilities including managing the safety and security of the First Team and coaching staff and partner with ownership security at Chicago Fire matches (as well as documenting policies and procedures around the same). Will be main contact for Chicago Fire crisis management, perform league risk assessments, post-match security reporting, and liaison with MLS Soccer Security Agents.
- Manage emergency action planning, crisis and risk management across all Chicago Fire FC facilities, including training and updates of emergency management programs & practices.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with local law enforcement, agencies, ambulance services and alarm companies.
- Ensure security and safety of traveling staff for the first team during travel, hotel, and venue.
- Oversee and provide security for team training, team appearances and events.
- Perform ongoing analysis of security risks and exposures to company and venue assets.
- Create and calibrate risk-based security and mitigation programs and policies.
- Develop and implement a company security policy, standards, guidelines, and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of security.
- Respond to emergency situations. Must be capable of responding to and assisting during emergency situations in a timely and efficient manner.
- Conduct investigations and documents reports of critical incidents.
- Liaison with stadium security, fans, and supporters.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new and improved security programs.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Manage security program for the Chicago Fire FC, to include implementing and ensuring compliance with all Major League Soccer security standards.
- Other duties as assigned under the direction of the Senior Director, Operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) in criminal justice or related preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of progressively responsible and relevant experience in security/law enforcement with supervisory and/or training experience.
- Has established relationships in law enforcement in the Chicago area.
- Demonstrate professionalism, outstanding judgment, and superior customer service in a positive demeanor in the performance of all duties.
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to travel with first team for all team travel related activities.
- Ability to manage logistics well and have a strong understanding of operational movement.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in emergency situations and to respond with the appropriate action.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to meet firm deadlines.
- Strong time management and project management skills.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, while remaining calm under pressure.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including but not limited to evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be fully vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19.