How to apply
Indianapolis, IN, USA
The Campus Security Officer ensures the safety and security of the people, property, and premises of the PS&E campus by continuously monitoring and improving PS&E security posture.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Notify PS&E Security Manager of any problems or concerns related to PS&E safety and security.
- Conduct foot patrol of the interior, exterior and immediate perimeter of PS&E buildings and notify proper department of potential safety or security risks.
- Perform outdoor security checks of the Exterior Plazas while withstanding outdoor elements for extended periods of time.
- Greet guests, check credentials of visitors to the campus, issue visitor credentials, and escort visitors and contractors to locations withing the campus.
- Assist any emergency responder.
- Conduct security screening of visitors, staff, vendors and others entering the premises as needed using screening equipment (x-ray machines and metal detectors) and applying screening practices to identify and prevent entry of prohibited or dangerous items.
- Understand and execute the NBA’s visitor policy involving the loading dock on game day.
- Examine doors, windows and gates to ensure they are secure.
- Respond to all alarms, take proper immediate mitigation actions, give warning and make proper notifications.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all PS&E policies and Security Department rules and operating procedures.
- Interdict suspicious or dangerous activities and individuals, requesting law enforcement response when appropriate.
- Monitor/secure/open doors, gates or elevators to allow access/exit of employees, deliveries, and authorized visitors.
- Respond to reported medical emergencies, providing first aid care until emergency responders arrive.
- Provide safety escorts to employees and guests.
- Prepare various written reports including incident reports and daily logs.
- Listen and respond to radio communications.
- Conduct self professionally with an attitude of service.
- Assist Security Manager with additional projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by any Safety & Security Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Security experience preferred but not required. PS&E will provide training.
- Microsoft Office applications knowledge
- Basic computer skills