Business Development Executive
No Longer Accepting Applications
The Business Development Executive will manage and grow our existing corporate account list and drive revenue by creating and closing profitable corporate partnerships. The ideal person will have excellent leadership skills, a proven ability to communicate at all levels within an organization and a strong track record of sales success. This hands-on role is tasked with working with the executive leadership team to drive sales opportunities, develop long-term relationships with the business community and deliver a unique ballpark experience for fans of all ages. The Business Development Executive is responsible for sales of Knights sponsorship assets and driving revenue for many of the organization’s current and potential community outreach programs and other franchise priorities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- New Account Development: Analyzing client needs and creating sponsorship packages that align with business goals and drive revenue.
- Sales Goals: Will be presented with specific sales goals and evaluated on the progress of accomplishing those goals.
- Reports: The Business Development Executive will be responsible for submitting written weekly status reports, yearly sales projections, attending weekly sales meetings and other duties as assigned.
- Game/Event Attendance: Required to attend team events/home games.
- Presentations: Prepare and present proposals to corporate decision makers in a professional manner.
- Teamwork: Work closely with other team members on the corporate sponsorship sales and service teams to achieve departmental goals and objectives.
- Organizational Goals: Assist and support the cross organizational goals of the organization’s other departments to ensure that their programs and strategic plans are being incorporated into the proposals of our corporate partners and prospects;
- Professional Fulfillment: Strive to ensure that all elements of our agreements are delivered in a first class manner in accordance with the philosophy of the franchise and within the provisions of the contractual obligations of the organization;
- Mission Statement: The Charlotte Knights are committed to making Truist Field an affordable, positive and enjoyable environment for baseball games and community events on a year-round basis, for residents and visitors alike. Our focus is on customer and community service while creating meaningful and mutually beneficial relationships with our fans, clients and community groups that help grow the popularity of America’s Pastime in the Queen City and our region;
- Summary of Expectations: Support the franchise mission statement, vision and values by exhibiting excellence, competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, empowerment of others, and commitment to our community outreach programs, accountability and ownership of work;
- NOTE: Other duties as assigned; all of the essential functions of this position are not necessarily described in this description.
- College degree required
- 3 years of sales/client services experience; team, media or sports experience required
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and written
- Ability to identify and prospect for opportunities that could yield positive revenue results and relationships.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities and projects while working with many categories of clients
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills are required and the ability to work both independently and as a team is a must
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to perform any other duties as assigned