Social Media Associate
New Orleans Saints and Pelicans
No Longer Accepting Applications
The New Orleans Saints and New Orleans Pelicans Associate Program is a ten-month intern-level program that exposes entry-level candidates to the business side of sports. These positions work across both the NFL and NBA seasons, and work full-time hours in various departments within our organization. This temporary position is based in the New Orleans, LA area, and will run from July 10, 2023 - April 30, 2024.
What you will be doing:
- Assist with running the official social media accounts for the New Orleans Saints and Pelicans, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat and Weibo
- Help with idea generation, content development, planning and scheduling for all social media platforms
- Ideate, shoot, and edit daily videos for the teams’ Tiktok and Snapchat accounts.
- Provide social coverage on gamedays and other live events
- Evaluate and interpret performance analytics for the purposes of designing fan/follower growth strategies and engagement level improvements
- Work with the Corporate Partnership department to ensure the successful execution of partner-affiliated social media posts and promotions
- Monitor best practices and trends in organic and branded social media
- Recently graduated from an accredited university or college with a Bachelor's Degree in Digital Media, Public Relations, Communications, or relevant field and/or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Adobe Premiere Pro and the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop; graphic design experience is required.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, internet and Outlook to effectively perform duties as listed above
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, as well as a strong visual sense of cohesiveness
- Possess strong organizational skills and be detail-oriented
- Ability to work well both independently and with a team as well, as perform under the stress of deadlines
- Adaptable, and able to react to change productively and assume other tasks as assigned
- Knowledge of the New Orleans market, the NBA, and the NFL is preferred
- Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed based on the schedules of the NBA and NFL
- The position will be required to lift and stack boxes in excess of 40 lbs.