Archive Production Assistant (Part Time)
No Longer Accepting Applications
Charlotte, NC, USA
The Archive Production Assistant role is a temporary, part-time role in the Production Department. The Archive Production Assistant is responsible for editing full race broadcasts into a race cutdown for VOD purposes.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Research and locate race broadcasts, both historic and modern day, using the Avid Media Asset Management System.
- Use talent, skill and knowledge of best practices to edit full race broadcasts.
- Locate important moments within the race broadcast; add data to describe the moment for future VOD use.
- Perform video post-production tasks including, but not limited to: reviewing footage, making editorial decisions, making audio adjustments.
- Create a race log, using Microsoft Excel, containing important moments from the race and corresponding time codes.
- Report the results of the edit to the project lead.
- Work efficiently and manage time on multiple projects within given deadlines.
- Night and weekend availability is required.
- Some training will be provided.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one (1) to three (3) months related experience and training in broadcast, new media or journalism.
- Proficient on MS Office Suite. Skilled in non-linear editing software such as Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Attention to detail, the ability to work independently and perform under short deadlines.
- Knowledge of NASCAR, its personalities and history including, but not limited to the Cup Series, XFINITY Series, and Truck Series.