Campus Operations (Plaza Maintenance)
Pacers Sports & Entertainment
No Longer Accepting Applications
Indianapolis, IN, USA
The Campus Operations Engineer will also assist with landscaping and planter upkeep, the overall cleanliness and appearance of the grounds, buildings, restrooms and exterior storage areas, sidewalks and crosswalks. Duties will also include assisting the utility set-up team with preparing for events on the Plaza. Tasks include sweeping, raking, leaf blowing, power washing, restroom clean up and stocking, miscellaneous painting, set up / tear down for events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor and maintain the exterior spaces of the Pacers Sports & Entertainment (PSE) campus. This will include frequent daily walking around all exterior spaces of the campus.
- Inspect and maintain all landscaping. This includes raking, deadheading, planting, mulching, weed control and associated landscaping duties. This could also include oversight of contractor work for similar tasks.
- Ensure that all exterior spaces are clean, litter free and that trash receptacles are not overflowing. This will include leaf blowing, power washing, wiping down window sills and exterior counters and walls, fences and gates.
- Clean and maintain restrooms, maintain appropriate stock of restroom supplies, report malfunctions of plumbing fixtures, drains, lights, etc and work with engineering to promptly repair.
- Manage and organize the exterior area south of the building referred to as the back yard. Ensure it is free of trash, debris and weeds. Organize and maintain the storage shed and adjacent outdoor areas.
- Assist the Campus Maintenance Engineer with the following tasks:
- Inspect, repair and maintain all doors and equipment, including but not limited to concessions equipment, the ice rink chiller, restroom / plumbing facilities and fixtures, Zamboni room and Zamboni
- Inspect, repair and maintain all gates and fencing.
- Inspect, repair and maintain all exterior lighting.
- Assist with snow removal efforts around the exterior of all buildings
- Maintain and repair the accessory buildings on the plaza (Zamboni building, snack shack, concession container and skate rental area)
- Repair and maintain benches, pavers, planters and advise on needed sidewalk repairs
- Repair and maintain the basketball court and goals
- During ice skating season, Inspect, repair and maintain the ice rink and the chiller
- Ensure all equipment (leaf blowers, snow blowers, hoses, shovels, brooms, etc are working as they should)
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent and 1-2 years of relevant experience. Experience / training in mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and carpentry preferred.
Basic computer skills are required and at a minimum the employee should be familiar with the MS Office suite of products - especially Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret plans, instructions and reports. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the public.
Basic math skills are required, including the ability to use and read rulers and other measuring devices, interpret technical diagrams and reports and read architectural and engineering plans (or be able to learn to read plans and drawings).