Director, Sponsorship Activation
No Longer Accepting Applications
Washington D.C., DC, USA
Reporting to the Senior Director of Sponsorship Activation, the Director of Sponsorship Activation oversees the management and fulfillment process for Washington Nationals corporate partner accounts in order to maximize the sale of sponsorships and return on investment for corporate partners. This position manages a few of the Sponsorship Activation Managers to ensure achievement of team and sponsor objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Sponsorship Activation and Servicing
- Manage the fulfillment of elements within a number of top-tier partnership accounts.
- Identify and assist in the development of up-sell opportunities for new and existing partners.
- Assist in the creation of sponsorship activation programs.
- Manage Sponsorship Activation Managers to deliver integrated and innovative implementation strategies to partners.
- Understand business aspects of each Nationals corporate partner to creatively employ Nationals programs to enhance their business.
- Work with Activation and Sales staff to develop and track KPI’s to ensure each partnerships is exceeding business objectives.
- Manage the development of themed sponsor areas, signage and other inventory/promotional items.
- Other duties as assigned.
- In conjunction with the Senior Director, manage the development and implementation of a range of Nationals hospitality events (VIP trips, receptions, etc.) throughout the year.
- Host and entertain partners on game days.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities and projects while working with many categories of clients.
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills; Ability to interact with people of all different levels and backgrounds.
- Understands need for data integrity and pays attention to maintaining accurate and timely data.
- Proven ability to collaborate and works effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Salesforce.
- The ability to influence, negotiate and gain commitment at all organizational levels.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.