Performance Nutrition Operations Coordinator
University of Arizona
No Longer Accepting Applications
Tucson, AZ, USA
Fitness & Health
Recreation and Leisure
The Performance Nutrition Operations Coordinator (Nutritionist I) will assist the Arizona Sports Nutrition Department in various tasks to support purposeful fueling opportunities for student-athletes. This position will have the opportunity to coordinate fueling station operations, build leadership and management skills, and aid in developing sports nutrition education for our student-athletes while working directly with our team of Sports Dietitians.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage team fueling stations – including intern staffing, ordering, inventory, distribution, and education based on the dietary needs of student-athletes as they follow dietary advice and recommendations.
- Assist with team meals, working with culinary and food service staff to plan nutritionally complete menus for training table meals.
- Coordinate pre- and post-game meals and snacks for home and away games based on student-athletes' evaluated needs.
- Attend Team meals, practices, lifts, and games as assigned to ensure proper nutrients are supplied before and after based on evaluations.
- Conduct new athlete nutrition screenings; identify student-athletes at nutritional risk.
- Provide individual nutrition counseling and follow-up consultations to student athletes.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend appropriate dietary supplements with regard to NCAA rules and regulations as well as efficacy, safety, and legality.
- Develop nutrition education materials and facilitate team education sessions.
- Conduct nutrition, hydration, and body composition assessments; interpret and communicate results.
- Educate, mentor, and supervise performance nutrition interns and student volunteers.
- Data management of performance nutrition research; document performance nutrition metrics, including recovery initiatives, team education interventions, individual athlete consults, body composition assessments and progress, and biochemical parameters; and assess through data analytics.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Practical organizational and interpersonal communication skills, including both verbal and written.Ability to multi-task with frequent interruptions.
- Dedication and motivation to initiate, lead, and support value-added projects.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Knowledge of NCAA, Pac-12, and University of Arizona rules and compliance.Self-motivated, results-oriented, and has a positive demeanor.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, including planning, establishing priorities, and successfully managing multiple priority projects.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive interpersonal relations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all organizational levels and project a positive, professional attitude.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.