Director Group Sales
San Antonio Spurs
No Longer Accepting Applications
You’re a motivated leader who thrives on creating a climate of inclusion, trust, and productivity. A successful director will prioritize their staff and their business achievements and is responsible for providing strategy, revenue mileposts and updates on a regular basis for their team. The ideal candidate must have a positive attitude, strong team aptitude, willingness to learn and develop professionally, and possess strong sales leadership skills. A strong work ethic, passion for sales within the sports and entertainment industry, and desire to work on a goal-driven team are essential qualities. This position must support the organization’s mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, and innovation.
- Develop, coach and grow group sales manager and group sales team
- Create and implement comprehensive group sales strategy including forecasting, budgeting, event selling, communications, and customer relationship management.
- Achieve company objectives through effective planning, setting sales goals, analyzing performance data, and projecting future performance.
- Innovate, create, and implement new sales prospecting methods and prospecting events to increase overall sales revenue for the department.
- Partner with sales manager to recruit salespeople, set objectives, train, and coach, and monitor performance ensuring assigned tasks and responsibilities are fulfilled and individual growth is supported for all staff.
- Minimum 6 years of sports or entertainment marketing and sales experience.
- 3+ years supervisory experience required.
- Ability to prioritize numerous tasks and be able to prioritize work when given multiple projects.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
- Proficiency of CRM data management systems required. Microsoft Dynamics experience preferred.
- Experience in TicketMaster Archtics Ticketing System preferred.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment with all levels in the organization
- The ability to work independently and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback.
- Ability to work flexible hours including, evenings, weekends, some holidays & event nights.