Coordinator, Minor League Operations
Colorado Rockies Baseball
No Longer Accepting Applications
Denver, CO, USA
The Coordinator of Minor League Operations is primarily responsible for assisting, administering, and coordinating the day-to-day operations of the Player Development Department as the primary administrative facilitator for the department’s players and staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary point of contact for all Player Development staff and players off-field needs.
- Administratively coordinate Minor League camps throughout the year: January Camp, Spring Training, Extended Spring Training, and Instructional League.
- Handle player and staff travel and housing at camps and at affiliates throughout the year.
- Provide payroll spreadsheets, semi-monthly while in-season, to the payroll department detailing domestic minor league player pay and reimbursements, as well as request signing bonus and incentive bonus payments.
- Assist with budgetary tracking.
- Process invoices and check requests for Player Development costs.
- Resource for all newly drafted, signed, acquired players, as it relates to employment paperwork, pay, reimbursements, housing, insurance, player guidelines, etc.
- Point of contact and facilitator for the Minor League Insurance program for non-40 man players and their dependents.
- Assist the Cultural Development Coordinator in the visa process.
- Point of contact for Affiliate Front Offices, as well as facilitate the PDL reimbursement process.
- Build contracts, tender yearly player Addendum C’s, work with MLB for all in-season and off-season roster and player transactions.
- Maintain updated documents as it relates to rosters, contact information, email distribution lists, agent information, etc.
- Disseminate game reports, season statistics, etc. as necessary.
- All other duties as assigned by the General Manager, Farm Director, and Assistant Farm Director.
- Minimum of three years working in professional sports preferred
- Passion for the game of baseball.
- Extremely motivated, with a strong work ethic and problem soliving skills, with the desire to learn and grow.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, primarily Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Detail-oriented, strong organization skills, and multi-tasking abilities.
- Strong ability to work well with co-workers and supervisors in a team environment, as well as effectively interacting with other departments, to accomplish common goals.
- Ability to develop and maintain successful working relationship with members of the Club’s front office, on-field staff, and players.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including oral and written communication.
- Consistent, punctual, and regular attendance, while presenting a professional image and demeanor.
- Bilingual Spanish, preferred