Director, Human Resources
Chicago Cubs Baseball Club
How to apply
The Human Resources Director will develop, direct and coordinate the HR policies, programs, processes and initiatives necessary to deliver on the organization’s people strategy and ensure legal compliance.
- Collaborates with leaders to understand department strategies and goals and the related people needs and opportunities in staffing, retention, development and engagement. Develops and implements policies, processes, programs, training, and initiatives as necessary to support those goals.
- Develops and leads the administration of human resources programs including but not limited to performance and talent management, learning and development, and engagement.
- Ensures we are maintaining positive employee relations and complying with all laws, policies and procedures. Ensures we respond to all disputes and complaints and conduct investigations in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Uses data and analytics to understand organizational trends and assess organizational health; partner with the business to develop and implement plans to address any issues identified and maintain our desired organizational culture and employee experience
- Assesses and identifies training needs for individuals and the organization; develops, evaluates and monitors programs to make sure learning objectives are met
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, and regulatory changes in human resources, talent management and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate recommendations for changes in policy and practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Interprets and advises on HR policies; understands all MLB policy requirements and ensures compliance throughout the year
- Bachelors’ Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
- 8+ years experience in Human Resources
- 3+ years management experience
- Thorough working knowledge of employment law, including hiring practices, EEO, wage and hour laws, etc.
- Experience in a union working environment, including leading negotiations and ensuring compliance with collectively bargained agreements
- Strong business acumen
- Demonstrated experience effectively managing wide range of employee relations matters
- Experience leading the development and implementation of broad scale programs and initiatives; proven project management skills
- Highly collaborative, able to build strong relationships across the organization, including senior leadership
- Ability to influence business partners and build consensus among stakeholders; demonstrated track record of establishing self as a trusted advisor
- Practical, results-oriented and solutions focused approach
- Strong time management skills; demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines; ability to prioritize tasks and delegate as appropriate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work non-standard hours, including evenings, weekends and game days