Director of Marketing & Social Media
Motor City Rockers
How to apply
The Motor City Rockers Professional Hockey Club, proud members of the Federal Prospects Hockey League, are seeking a passionate and qualified candidate for the position of Director of Marketing & Social Media.
The Director of Marketing & Social Media’s primary role will be responsible for planning, managing, and executing the Rockers marketing strategy through digital media, social media, and traditional means.
- Manage the Rocker's social media accounts, implementing strategies to grow our following, engage and retain our fanbase, and drive conversion of sales campaigns.
- Facilitate the relationship with various marketing and media partners across the Metro-Detroit area.
- Assist in the planning, management, and execution of the Rockers marketing plan and strategy for each applicable season, focusing on ticket sales through digital channels
- Creating and implementing various Rocker's email campaigns
- Brainstorm and create various pieces of content for social media, our website, and Rocker's games, as well as ads for traditional/digital marketing, radio copy, etc.
- Work with management in setting social media and digital marketing goals, and developing weekly reports to communicate the results
- Minimum 1-2 years of professional experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
- Solid knowledge of marketing principles, concepts, strategies, and best practices
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, Canva and graphic design
- Working knowledge of basic marketing, promotions and ticket sales techniques in college or professional sports
- Experience as a motivated self-starter, with creative ideas, and the ability to lead by example
- A hard work ethic and mental attitude of success
- Those with a competitive drive and a hunger to be the best will gain favorable consideration
- Ability to reach AND exceed manageable goals
- Willingness to follow directions, learn, adapt in stressful situations, and not crack under pressure
- Willing to accept the challenge and dedication required to grow an organization and a loyal fan base
- Will be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays