Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena
No Longer Accepting Applications
Atlanta, GA, USA
To safely and efficiently assist in the testing and check-out of new and existing equipment and systems; maintenance and repair of all electrical components, systems, and structures as directed; and contribute efforts and ideas which will ensure their proper operation, performance, and reliability. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensures that equipment is properly tagged and secured before maintenance or repair work is performed.
- Regularly inspects assigned equipment to ensure proper operation.
- Read and interpret electrical drawings, operations manuals, control schematics, etc.
- Consulting Engineers and Contractors - As directed by the Electrical lead or Building Maintenance manager, exchanges information regarding relevant components, systems, and structures.
- Manufacturer's Representatives - As directed by the Electrical lead or Building Maintenance Manager, seeks and exchanges information regarding the operation, maintenance, and repair of existing or new components, systems, and structures and confers on the application of new developments in existing equipment available to the industry.
- Vendors - As directed by the Electrical lead or Building Maintenance Manager, secure ordering information and prices for materials, equipment, spare parts, replacement equipment, etc., and exchange information and relevant application data.
- Provides direct support and assistance during major work projects including Electrical switchgear, bolted pressure switches motor control centers, electrical equipment, and any safety settings, controls adjustments, etc.
- Minimal input to help in developing plans for programs for up to one (1) year.
- Provides minimal input to help in developing annual planning for capital expenditures.
- Reviews schedules, operation reports, equipment conditions, parts, and material inventories to help maximize the effectiveness of department programs. Review available material to discover ways that improvement can be made in utilities O&M.
- Orient new employees and help train them regarding shift O&M required routines.
- Recommend special training for assigned employees when indicated by job performance and other on-shift activities in accordance with personnel policies and subject to the approval of the Electrical lead or Building Maintenance Manager.
- Ensures that work is performed to the highest standards of the Electrician II role and in accordance with good industry practices and State Farm Arenas safety regulations and procedures.
- Performs other duties as required or as assigned by the Lead Electrician or Building Maintenance Manager.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Trade school preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years working in the commercial electrical field
- Stays informed of the O&M requirements associated with new and existing equipment.
- Must demonstrate a detailed working knowledge of systems and structures, tools, testing instruments, and proper procedures for the maintenance and repair of commercial building equipment and systems.
- Must be a self-starter and motivated
- Must complete assigned tasks and duties on schedule with minimal supervision.
- Must have excellent communication and expression skills
- Must be able to accurately and neatly complete all necessary forms and paperwork i.e. work orders
- Must be an effective team player
- Must be able to travel to various locations throughout the facility and grounds
- Must be able to be on call at times when not scheduled to be at the facility
- Must be able to work flexible schedules, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must possess working knowledge of safety equipment, systems, and OSHA guidelines to provide a safe workplace for employees and a safe environment for the public
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be comfortable working at elevated heights