Studio Production Intern
No Longer Accepting Applications
The Washington Commanders are looking for 2023 Seasonal Interns to join the Production Team. The Washington Commanders are a professional American football team located in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. The team belongs to the East Division of the National Football Conference in the National Football League. The team's home stadium is FedExField in Landover, Maryland. Its headquarters and training facility is the OrthoVirginia Training Center at Commanders Park in Ashburn, Virginia. Washington has played more than 1,000 games since 1932 and has won five NFL Championships (two pre-merger, and three Super Bowls). The franchise has captured 15 NFL divisional titles and five NFL conference championships.
Dates of Internship: June 5, 2023 – May 25, 2024
Part-Time Internship (20 hours)
- Support the Studio/Broadcast, Video Features, and Social Media teams on a variety of projects and day-to-day activities
- Producing and editing audio and video elements (studio shoots, field shoots, press conferences, filming events, gathering footage)
- Producing graphic elements
- Logging footage
- Working on technical Studio Production in the Control Room
- Game day and event day responsibilities as assigned
- Candidate must be pursuing a degree or be up to 1-year post-grad.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premier and other Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, After Effects)
- Experience in studio, field, and live production environments
- Capacity to think creatively and contribute new ideas
- Proficient in editing video and graphics
- Knowledge of videography basics including framing, focus, shutter, gain, white balance, etc.
- Understanding of lighting techniques and proper production equipment
- Above average skills in Microsoft Suite (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel)
- Proven experience in appropriately working with and around confidential information