Performance Kitchen & Cafe Manager
Houston Texans in Houston
No Longer Accepting Applications
Houston, Texas, USA
Fitness & Health
Recreation and Leisure
Function as an integral part of the Wellness & Culinary Performance teams working together to maximize program efficiency, kitchen & café operations, and day-to-day wellness and travel logistics.
- Provides direct oversight of Front of House (FOH) and Back of House (BOH) staffs:
- Responsible for development and maintenance of FOH & BOH workflow
- Creating FOH & BOH standards of performance, staff review process, and staff development
- Optimizing delegation of daily tasks to create maximum workflow efficiency
- Assists with daily oversight of Performance Procurement Systems to include but not limited to:
- Directly responsible for organization and inventory of all Performance Kitchen and Wellness storage areas
- Directly responsible for ordering and inventory management of all paper goods and cleaning materials
- Assists with ordering, inventory management, and receipt of nutrition products, snacks, and beverages as needed
- Assists with ordering, inventory management, and receipt of produce, meat, poultry, seafood, and dry goods according to food procurement standards as needed
- Assists with recipe, ordering, and inventory management software as needed
- Assists with daily oversight of Kitchen & Food Safety Management Systems to include but not limited to:
- Directly responsible for organization and maintenance of food service and banquet equipment
- Assists with tracking of routine preventive maintenance for all Texans owned kitchen / café equipment as assigned
- Assists with the tracking / enforcement of all food safety metrics and standards as assigned
- Assists with Wellness & Culinary travel logistics
- Directly responsible for organizing, packing, and unpacking travel trunks including food and beverage items
- Assists with communication with home and away hotel event coordination and set up
- Assists with the execution Sustainability Systems to include but not limited to:
- Collaborates with Wellness & Performance Café team to develop and ensure compliance with of reduction / recycling of material waste (e.g. cardboard, plastic, tin, etc.)
- Perform various other tasks that may be assigned from time to time by Director of Team Wellness.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university preferred.
- High School Diploma required.
- Minimum three (3) years Professional Culinary and Kitchen Management Experience required.
- Serve Safe Certification preferred.
- Background in Kitchen management software preferred.