YBA Facilities & Operations Assistant (Part-Time)
Washington D.C., DC, USA
The Facilities & Operations Assistant will assist Washington Nationals Philanthropies, charitable arm of the Washington Nationals, with preparation for programming and baseball and softball events at the Youth Baseball Academy including Base programming, Hustle baseball and softball games, community events, high school baseball, college baseball and softball games and practices. The assistant may be expected to provide day-of event assistance for baseball and softball games as well as some front office admin duties. The assistant will also be responsible for general repairs and maintenance of the facility. The assistant is expected to work 15-32 hours per week.
Washington Nationals Philanthropies is committed to improving the lives of children and teens in the Washington, D.C. region by supporting initiatives focused on academics, the arts, nutrition, and sports. Through the generosity of Nationals fans and corporate partners, Washington Nationals Philanthropies is using the power of baseball to provide a world of opportunity for area youth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with daily field and facility maintenance during the week.
- Includes mound repair for our dirt mounds
- In-field maintenance for the three baseball fields
- Includes general facility/building repairs and maintenance
- Assist with internal and external events at the Academy occasionally on the weekend.
- Assist with operations duties with Hustle Baseball and Softball events.
- Assist with occasional front office duties during Academy Base Programming
- Additional duties may be assigned in accordance with the assistant’s interests and talents
- Familiarity with synthetic turf field care
- Previous manual labor experience
- Prior experience working with hand and power tools
- Ability to troubleshoot in certain areas for repairs and maintenance issue
- Good communications skills (interpersonal, verbal, written)