National Teams Assistant Athletics Canada
No Longer Accepting Applications
Athletics Canada is the national sport organization for track and field, cross country running and road racing. We support high performance athletes competing at an international level and provide leadership in athletics development. Athletics Canada is looking to hire a youth for full-time (limited term).
The purpose of this position is to give the successful candidate a practical learning opportunity where they can gain experience of sport management, specifically in the areas of national team programs. The objective is to assist with day-to-day coordination and delivery of 2023 National Team Programs.
- Assist with the team logistics including shipping and receiving of National Team uniforms, inventory management, travel coordination, event registration etc.
- Website maintenance
- Provide event support to the National Team Unit for the 2023 Athletics season, including support for the 2023 National Championships
- Information gathering from athletes and coaches
- Athlete performance tracking
- Various other duties as required
- Working toward a degree/diploma/certificate program in business or sport management and have a general interest in the sports industry
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail is essential
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities in a fast paced environment, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Strong computer, database and website maintenance skills
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Flexible approach, positive attitude, initiative, and willingness to learn
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset