Senior Manager, Social Media
How to apply
Scottsdale, AZ, USA
This role will report to the Sr. Director, Social Media and will work closely with cross-functional partners: Brand Colleagues, Video production, Creative, Ticket Marketing, Merchandise Development, Local Marketing, Multicultural Marketing, and Corporate Partnerships. Supported by those from creative, content, video production, marketing and operations to develop engaging social and digital strategies.
The position will push our mission to change how sports teams build their brand.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Help develop the social platform strategy, manage the editorial calendar and oversee day-to-day publishing.
- Develop organic social media channel strategies and lead the development of campaigns in conjunction with the Sr. Director, Social Media.
- Lead the live coverage of Coyotes games and other events, ensuring quality and consistency.
- Curate, prioritize, and produce social content that is consistent with team and brand messaging.
- Facilitate strategic partnerships across the content and social media ecosystem, and build cross-platform, detailed distribution plans for priority content franchises.
- Work with the Corporate Partnerships department to conceptualize and develop pitch materials.
- Support the production and execution of all partner content franchises, ensuring concepts deliver against objectives and brand narratives for both parties.
- Collaborate with additional internal departments including Multicultural marketing, Community, PR, and Ticketing to ensure their goals are met through thoughtful content and storytelling executions.
- Assist with influencer and talent content strategy and amplification.
- Stay on top of social media trends and integrate new programming for the Coyotes and provide best-in-class solutions to stimulate audience growth and diversify distribution tactics.
- An understanding of how fans consume social content, an eye for detail, and an expert on sports media.
- Prepare reports for both internal and client usage that demonstrate return on objective and success.
- 5-6 years’ experience in a social media role is preferred.
- Strong understanding of the Sports, Media & Entertainment landscape preferred.
- Understand the importance of developing and expanding a consistent voice.
- Deep understanding of current and emerging social media platforms & trends.
- Strong visual eye with regard for social media content (photography, video, graphics).
- Expertise in the branded content space and liaising with sales organizations is beneficial
- Experience with social media measurement tools and experience in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge of the NHL and sports business is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and a strong attention to detail.