Varsity Operations Assistant
University of British Columbia
How to apply
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Assists in the planning, organizing and executing of event logistics for varsity games and events
- Works collaboratively with members of the Manager, Varsity Operations, the Varsity Leadership Team and coaching staff to ensure successful execution of all varsity events.
- Works with the Manager, Varsity Operations and the Coordinator, Varsity Operations to create and develop print and digital media collateral as required.
- Assists with the ticket sales and financial reconciliation for varsity gated events.
- Supports communication with varsity coaching staff as necessary to ensure cooperation and assistance in the professional execution of each varsity game.
- Assists in preparation for successful varsity events as required.
- Supports all pre, on-site and post event activities in multiple locations by monitoring the operational activities at each venue, addressing concerns and resolving problems to ensure the success of each event.
- Assists Manager, Varsity Operations and Coordinator, Varsity Operations in preparation of larger events, including Festival Events and National Championships.
- Assists in supervising part-time student workers for hosted varsity events, specifically in coordination of work schedules and technical operations (e.g. minor officials).
- Post-secondary degree, with a keen interest in sport administration, athletics & recreation or event management
- Experience in event management and/or sport environment preferred
- Strong leadership skills
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated customer service proficiencies
- Enthusiastic, responsible, team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills