Editorial Assistant Minnesota Vikings
No Longer Accepting Applications
The candidate will cover home games in-person at U.S. Bank Stadium, as well as practices at Twin Cities Orthopedics Performance Center. Media availabilities are likely to be a combination of in-person and virtual sessions. Coverage of road games will be done virtually.
This is a temporary/seasonal position that will begin August 2023 and conclude February 2024, unless otherwise determined (exact start/end dates TBD).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
- Writing news stories and football features for Vikings.com and the Vikings Playbook game program.
- Assisting with coverage of community events (attending and recapping).
- Working with other groups within the Vikings Entertainment Network on content collaboration.
- Adhering to multiple deadlines for content.
- Plan and execute content (some guidance will be provided).
- Quickly understand the approach to covering the team implemented by VEN.
- Protect sensitive information until it is cleared to be published.
- Respect players and coaches with professionalism.
- Excel in various types of storytelling (breaking news, features, coverage of community events and initiatives, longform, analysis).
- Have a knowledgeable understanding of football concepts and an ability to explain them to fans of different levels.
- Demonstrate solid grammatical and spelling skills, as well as an understanding of AP Style.
- Be able to meet deadlines with necessary timeliness.
- Manage time efficiently to work on multiple projects at once.