Austin Spurs Medical Systems Assistant
San Antonio Spurs
San Antonio, TX, USA
At Spurs Sports & Entertainment (SS&E), we work in service of something bigger than ourselves, it’s so much more than the game or concert itself. It takes all members of our Spurs Family to harness the power of sports and entertainment to build moments that endure, memories that excite, and connections that strengthen our community.
We are looking for Austin Spurs' Medical Systems Assistant.
This position is responsible for assisting the Austin Spurs Head Athletic Trainer in the healthcare and physical well being of the athletes on the Austin Spurs roster (GLeague). Also responsible for providing assistance, or cover, as first responder to Head AT before and during all practices and games. Oversee and coordinate team and individual recovery sessions throughout the season, both at home and on the road.
In every position, each employee is expected to: demonstrate alignment with SS&E’s core values and mission, collaborate with internal/external family members and demonstrate ongoing development.
- Assisting Austin Spurs Head Athletic Trainer with pre-training and game player preparation and courtside coverage.
- Assist Head AT with implementation of NBA mandated policies & procedures- administrative, drug testing, EMR.
- Assist on all medical data management processes.
- Inventory and supply ordering for all medical equipment in training room and on road.
- NATABOC Certified
- TX State license for Athletic Training
- CPR/AED certified and current
- Masters degree
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and support multiple high level positions.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
- Demonstrate approachability, poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to professionally handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
- Collaborative and team-first mindset.
- Must be available for a high volume of nontraditional work hours.