How to apply
A successful candidate must be an organized, inspired individual who demonstrates a high level of technical ability, a strong sense of design principles, attention to detail, and experience supervising design staff. We are looking for a smart, skilled, passionate person who understands how to align design decisions to business goals.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Work with Director, Creative to define and establish creative strategy and transform high-level client needs into engaging creative, including evolving the organization’s brand identity and visual standards
- Assist Director, Creative with unifying the brand look and feel across digital and in stadium production departments
- Create and maintain design standards and guidelines to ensure consistency in all visual materials
- Develop seasonal style guidelines and campaign “look books” ensuring a strong and distinguishable visual identity to be implemented across all touchpoints.
- Lead and manage a team of designers to ensure surgical execution and consistent delivery of high-quality visual content across all platforms and materials
- Collaborate with internal teams, such as marketing and digital, to conceptualize and execute projects that engage fans and promote the Blackhawks brand
- Stay current with design trends and technology, and bring new ideas and techniques to the team
- Oversee and approve all design projects from concept to completion
- Serve as a design lead in asset creation for Blackhawks channels, including Blackhawks.com, social media, in-venue and e-mail/digital marketing
- Assist production team(s) on location and in-studio during photo shoots and special events.
- Responsible for daily logo usages approvals by internal and external partners
- Participate and lead brainstorming sessions with creative and production staffs
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related industry experience.
- Minimum 6+ years of full-time experience in a creative role for an entertainment brand, creative agency or sports team/league, with 1-3 years in a supervisory role.
- Strong sense of design and thorough understanding of design theory including principles such as color, typography, and composition.
- Advanced ability in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects) and other graphic design technologies.
- In depth understanding of motion design and motion principles
- Intermediate experience using project management processes and software.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and attention to detail.
- Strong ability to multi-task and uses time efficiently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to maintain smoothly functioning relationships across various departments.
- Excellent communication skills including written and verbal; ability to present ideas clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work nights and weekends to assist in game night coverage.