Los Angeles Angels-Full Time Senior Director, Finance Los Angeles Angels
No Longer Accepting Applications
This position is also benefit eligible including: medical, dental and vision insurance, 13 paid holidays, sick days, paid time off, tickets to games, 401K eligibility after 1 year of employment (employer matching and safe harbor) and additional perks not listed above. The expected salary for this role is between $225,000 to $275,000. Please note that this is an in person position located in Anaheim, CA.
- Daily management of the Finance and Accounting Department, which includes issuance of monthly and annual internal financial statements, payroll, general ledger activity, revenue reporting, accounts payable, and account receivable.
- Supervises treasury functions, including daily cash flow reporting, investment guidance and banking relationship management including debt reporting and compliance.
- Responsible for the preparation of annual financial budget and internal monthly financial analysis including reports of operating results against budget.
- Prepare short and long term financial forecasts of financial performance.
- Ensures accurate interpretation and analysis of financial results, while also providing analyses, interpretation, and justification of budgets, forecasts and long-range plans.
- Responsible for the annual financial audit and financial statement preparation.
- Oversees all tax matters, including federal and state tax returns, payroll returns, sales and use tax returns and any associated audits.
- Responsible for financial reporting and audits to Major League Baseball as well as benchmarking analysis with other Major League Baseball clubs.
- Financial monitoring and review of all contracts (City of Anaheim lease, stadium, players, broadcast, sponsor, ticketing), including approval, billing/collection, payment, revenue sharing/tax compliance.
- Advise on commission pay structures and review of sales commissions calculations.
- Develop and implement financial policies and internal controls including business and travel expense, ticketing, purchasing and capital assets.
- Retain constant awareness of the company’s financial position, acting to prevent problems.
- Participate in the development of the company's plans and programs as a tactical partner by providing timely and accurate analyses of budgets, project proposals and business trends in order to assist the Senior Vice President of Finance/Administration, President and other Senior Executives.
- Monitor GAAP accounting standards and guide department through implementation of required rule changes.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- Minimum 15 years of progressive finance and accounting experience.
- An experienced leader and financial executive with appropriate industry experience, preferably in the sports field.
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards.
- Expert in accounting practices, budgeting and financial operations.
- A strategic thinker with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
- Highly organized, professional and motivated leader.
- Strong effective communicator in writing and in interpersonal communications.