Marketing Intern – Motor City Cruise
No Longer Accepting Applications
Our 2023 Full Season Internship Program is an 8-month program crafted to provide college students and recent graduates with a once in a lifetime opportunity within the sports and entertainment industry. As a Marketing Intern, you will assist the Motor City Cruise team in all facets of marketing and social.
We are an organization that is committed to leadership in our community, diversity and inclusion, teamwork, our customers and personal character and accountability. We are seeking a driven addition to reflect our core values. We consider ourselves an extension of The Pistons brand, we are excited to engage with the Detroit community, and we want to meet you!
What you’ll be doing
- Support the Marketing Operations team with Motor City Cruise projects that include e-marketing & SMS, brand campaign management, reporting and web/app needs
- Strategize and build content for all Motor City Cruise social media accounts with a focus on game and lifestyle interests, building social followings and crafting responses
- Assist with traditional and digital media planning for the Motor City Cruise 2023-24 season along with onsite/offsite event activation
- Research best practices and assist with developing plans for community marketing, brand strategy and influencer engagement
- Support retail marketing efforts, as needed
- Assist in execution of gameday setup for partnership marketing and concourse activations
- Assist with event activations supporting marketing, ticket sales & partnerships
- College students entering their junior or senior year, or recently graduated college within the last six months, studying Communications, Marketing, Sports management, Business, or a related field.
- Must be flexible and eager to learn
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong attention to detail.
- Hard-working, self-improvers who are hungry, proactive, and possess a positive demeanor.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop.
- Experience publishing content on social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Must be available to work 40 hours per week, unless otherwise agreed upon with their supervisor; with availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
- Ability to commit to the full season assignment.
- Ability to provide your own housing throughout the duration of the internship with reliable transportation to and from The Henry Ford Detroit Pistons Performance Center and Wayne State University Fieldhouse.