The Durham Bulls
No Longer Accepting Applications
Be part of the team at Durham Bulls Athletic Park in Durham, NC - home of the Durham Bulls a Triple A affiliate of the Tampa Rays.
As a Kitchen Manager with The Durham Bulls, you will:
- Lead by example alongside the other Kitchen Manager to deliver effective and efficient dining experiences by overseeing the back-of-house operation, staffing, and food production.
- Supervise and participate in the production, preparation, and presentation of all foods for unit(s) as assigned to ensure that a consistent quality product is produced.
- Ensure a sufficient inventory is maintained to meet daily needs, record deliveries, deal with discrepancies, and assist with storage.
- Assist in the management of inventory, kitchen set up / break down, and production.
- Ensure that teamwork and cooperation exist between the front and back of house staff through proper communication. Accommodate our guests with any special requests to heighten their experience.
- Establish professional and positive relationships with the team and provide educational opportunities to teach and develop skills for line cooks.
- Implement and maintain kitchen policies and procedures, including food safety, sanitation, and hygiene standards, to meet health department regulations.
- Recruit, train, and develop a skilled kitchen team, ensuring adequate staffing levels to meet operational demands.
- Provide guidance and support to kitchen staff, fostering a positive and productive work environment.
- Continuously evaluate menu performance, guest feedback, and industry trends to make informed recommendations for menu enhancements or modifications.
- 3 years kitchen experience and have a deep wealth of knowledge in food production, including tools, sourcing, storing, and handling.
- Strong knowledge of food preparation techniques, culinary trends, and food safety regulations.
- Serve Safe Certified (or able to obtain certification within 6 months of employment).
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to interact with staff and guests.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Work well as part of a team.
- Valid driver’s license.