INTERNSHIP (Seasonal 2023-24): Group Sales
Washington Wizards in Washington
No Longer Accepting Applications
The Group Sales Intern will work closely with the Group Sales team to implement Washington Wizards sales initiatives and achieve ticket sales and revenue goals. This role will focus on the fundamentals of the sales process and execution of events and initiatives. This is a paid internship.
Are you looking to gain valuable experience in sports industry sales? We'd love to hear from you!
- Research, expand, and manage the group sales database with focus on strategic categories for event planning purposes.
- Make introductory phone calls to group sales prospects.
- Help plan and carry out group sales events.
- Prepare various marketing items related to group initiatives and programs.
- Work home games in various roles including staff sales/giveaway tables, in-game group fan experiences, and game day prospecting.
- Build positive relationships to provide repeat business and excellent customer service.
- Support the department with all assigned projects and administrative needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current undergraduate or graduate student.
- Exceptional work ethic, attention to detail, strong desire to succeed, eagerness to learn, passion for the sports industry, and interest in sales.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Competitive nature and a positive demeanor.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office & Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service to our clients, remaining professional at all times.
- Reliable transportation and housing.
- Ability to work a minimum of 20 hours/week from September-May.