INTERNSHIP (Seasonal 2023-24): Fan Development
Washington Wizards in Washington
No Longer Accepting Applications
The Fan Development Intern will support marketing efforts that strengthen the Washington Wizards brand through NBA league-wide platforms, community outreach, fan engagement programs, player/alumni engagement and more.
Do you have experience in community outreach and are passionate about positively impacting the D.C. metro area through sports? We would love to hear from you!
- Support execution of NBA League-wide social responsibility programs such as Hoops for Troops, Opening Night, MLK game, BHM, Hispanic Heritage, Women’s Month, and more.
- Assist with the maintenance and distribution of our “Community Ticket” program through direct contact with participating groups.
- Manage the donation request form and incoming mail including correspondence regarding non-profit group tickets, auction tickets, give-aways, and donations.
- Respond to fan mail and requests for team items.
- Accurately update and track all Wizards player and alumni appearances.
- Collaborate in brainstorms and standard process research to aid the creation of new programs and enhance current programs to be implemented throughout the season.
- Provide game day coverage for events such as alumni appearances, pregame events, and more.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current undergraduate or graduate student.
- Dedicated, outgoing, hard-working, punctual, dependable, and a great teammate.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; creative.
- Ability to multi-task; detail driven; fast learner.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, and social media.
- General knowledge of professional sports.
- Reliable transportation and housing in the DC metro area.