Utility Set Up (Full-Time)
Pacers Sports & Entertainment
The Utility Set Up position will be hands-on with every event that comes to Bicentennial Unity Plaza in the completion of equipment set-up, preventative maintenance, and housekeeping duties. This position will require you to work unusual hours at times based on the event schedule and the requirements of the event. This includes evenings, weekends, late nights, and early mornings. This position will also be cross-trained to assist with set-up tasks of all the internal campus facilities, including Gainbridge Fieldhouse.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help in the completion of house equipment set-up before events when necessary.
- Assist in finishing set-up, setting of game map distributing gametime and place seat backs.
- Assist in completing the assembly and installation of staging and the assembly and set-up of risers and temporary seating.
- Set up and convert various rooms for meetings and events to the client’s expectations.
- Check goal heights and level, change nets, and adjust rims as needed before games.
- Shovel snow and remove ice.
- Assist with deliveries involving forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Perform miscellaneous routine maintenance duties.
- Work in collaboration with engineering department in maintaining the building and special projects that arise.
- Paint various spaces throughout the building.
- Move office furniture and equipment as needed.
- Complete various housekeeping duties such as sweeping and collecting trash on plazas and sidewalks, clean exterior ramps, docks, and entrance areas.
- Any other duties that arise or are assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of 1 year experience working in event set up or relevant field is required.
Basic computer skills and experience with MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and MS Teams) are required.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret directions and technical diagrams.