Director of Merchandise
Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
As Director of Merchandise, you will report to the Club President and the Club Owner. The position will be responsible for developing and executing plans for the Club’s retail store(s), online store, and other merchandise channels. The position will also work with vendors to source and negotiate merchandise contracts, and will oversee the team’s inventory management and pricing. The Director will also work with the Riverhounds Development Academy and our Academy online partner to execute annual team ordering processes and fulfillment. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of retail merchandising, as well as experience in the sports or entertainment industries.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and develop merchandising strategies by aligning company objectives with customer expectations.
- Evaluate inventory levels to establish action plans, timelines, generate re-orders, perform inventory re-balancing, select and order new items and balancing orders to inventory to ensure sell-through.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with vendors by identifying trends locally, regionally, and nationally.
- Act as the primary liaison with the Riverhounds official apparel partner.
- Revenue/expense budgeting and forecasting.
- Maximize POS effectiveness, displays and product placement.
- Work with strategic partners including soccer.com to maximize revenues and provide a high-level of customer service.
- Design cross promotions with other external departments (Ticketing, Corporate Partnership, Concession/Vendors) as well as designing sales/promotional opportunities with corporate and community partners.
- Create and execute Limited Time Offerings (LTO’s) on select items.
- Generate and analyze sales data and provide reports to management following matches and events.
- Train and continuously evaluate staff customer service efforts and sales execution to maximize revenue results.
- Remain up-to-date with industry best practices.
- Manage online sales through Riverhounds website or other partner websites and grow the e-commerce/social media and digital activation for realizing digital sales.
- Coordinate possible in-seat ordering and delivery with gameday POS partner.
- Perform inventory on monthly basis.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of retail merchandising and buying experience with a sports arena/entertainment venue preferred.
- Experience with conceptualization, implementation and e-commerce website/storefront management preferred.
- Experience in managing retail store location and/or service department.
- Ability to consistently meet and exceed sales and management goals under deadline.
- Strong communication skills, event/entertainment background
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and be resourceful, while skillfully blending efforts and requirements of multiple personnel.
- Thrives in team environments with exceptional problem-solving and strategic thinking skills.
- Strong cross-functional project management and presentation skills.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office products including, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.