Senior Manager, Event Security
No Longer Accepting Applications
The Senior Manager, Event Security will provide direct support in developing, implementing, and managing all safety and security plans and programs for all Hard Rock Stadium events. This includes 24/7 facility security as well as event day safety and security. This position will work closely with security and operations colleagues, local law enforcement and contracted security agencies to ensure a safe environment for all staff and guests.
- This is a full-time position based on site at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, FL.
- Assist in the development and implementation of safety management plans, incident, and evacuation plans for the front office and Hard Rock Stadium. Ensure all full-time, part-time, and event day staff are knowledgeable of these plans and understand their roles in the execution of the plans.
- Support the 24/7 facility security operation for Hard Rock Stadium. Provide direct support for security planning, implementation, and oversight for all events including (but not limited to) Miami Dolphins home games, the Miami Open, Formula 1 Crypto.com Miami Grand Prix, soccer matches, concerts, and corporate events.
- Consult with the events department to develop and implement safety and security plans and corresponding event security staffing templates for every event at Hard Rock Stadium.
- Works with the Director of Stadium Security to administer and manage a computerized incident and event reporting system (ISS – 24/7). Require and coordinate data input from security staff, contract security, and law enforcement.
- Oversee the installation and maintenance of security camera system including to the back-end storage system as well as lense and camera dome cleaning for optimal camera viewing.
- Oversee the ID access control system which includes access control devises and locking mechanisms as well as printing of employee ID cards to a distribution list approved by the VP of Security.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security protection/access control of the building envelope and primary/secondary perimeters. Utilize 24/7 staff, security contractors, and security systems to achieve on event and non-event days.
- Work collaboratively with public safety and local law enforcement groups for events at Hard Rock Stadium.
- Build and maintain relationships with local, state, federal law enforcement, intelligence, and private sector counterparts.
- Conduct training and briefings for audiences ranging from senior level members to front-line associates.
- Represent the stadium security department in government and industry security working groups.
- Ensure compliance with National Football League security mandates and protocols.
- Identify potential or existing security risks to the overall organization, identify and implement resolutions.
- Keep up to date on industry security best practices.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in a stadium or public gathering security setting or law enforcement.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills may be acquired.
- Experience in special event security and public assembly venue security is highly desirable.
- Strong management, administrative, supervisory, training, presentation, consultant, and facilitation skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Skilled in assessing security risks and needs.
- Ability to obtain necessary clearances for review of sensitive material.
- Superior knowledge of technical aspects of security systems (including IP Cameras, door access, fire systems, and human resource scheduling programs).