Coordinator, Athlete Engagement
Canadian Paralympic Committee
No Longer Accepting Applications
- Assists with the coordination of athlete requests from Partners and Stakeholders, CPC and PFC, and third-party organizations.
- Provides support at events and engagements where athletes are present.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with Para athletes, and Paralympians, and establishing relationships with NextGen Para athletes.
- Maintains alignment on athlete requests and other projects working with the Performance team.
- Assists with the development of an athlete ambassador program and maintains athlete profiles
- Maintains a strong relationship with sport partners, including National Sport Organizations and multi-sport organizations (I.e., the Canadian Olympic Committee).
- Provides support and content to the Athlete & Alumni Monthly Newsletter.
- Monitors Para athletes in the news and supports a content plan for Paralympian social channels.
- Researches and supports new initiatives and best practices (i.e., Athlete branding, engagements and partner servicing, trends in marketing and social media, etc.).
- Contributes to the development and activation of Athlete & Alumni engagement strategy around Games time (Paralympic, Parapan American).
- Provides support in developing an athlete representation strategy.
- Collaborates with the Coordinator of Athlete Services on Athlete networking opportunities, leadership, and career advancement.
- Works with the Paralympic System and Services team to provide an athlete-partner mindset, assisting in amplification of the para-athlete voice within CPC and the Canadian Sport System, and contributing to the Paralympic movement.
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships and work effectively and collaboratively with both internal and external colleagues.
- Knowledge of Para athletes, Paralympians and Paralympic sport
- Proficiency with customer relations and social media platforms such as MailChimp, WordPress, Facebook, etc.
- Proficiency with office applications such as email, project planning, databases, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation development, etc.
- Strong marketing, communication and event planning skill
- Ability to communicate in Canada’s two official languages is considered an asset