Campus Security Officer (Full-Time)
Pacers Sports & Entertainment
No Longer Accepting Applications
The Outdoor Campus Security Officer ensures the safety and security of the people, property, and premises of the PS&E campus by continuously monitoring and improving PS&E security posture. This position has a primary focus on the outdoor Bicentennial Unity Plaza.
Must be available for Second Shift and comfortable with working primarily outside.
Second Shift: 03:00 PM - 11:00 PM
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Notify PS&E Security Manager of any problems or concerns related to PS&E safety and security.
- Conduct foot patrol of the interior, exterior and immediate perimeter of PS&E buildings and notify the proper department of potential safety or security risks.
- Perform outdoor security checks of the Exterior Plazas while withstanding outdoor elements for extended periods of time.
- Greet guests, check credentials of visitors to the campus, issue visitor credentials, and escort visitors and contractors to locations withing the campus.
- Assist any emergency responder.
- Conduct security screening of visitors, staff, vendors and others entering the premises as needed using screening equipment (x-ray machines and metal detectors) and applying screening practices to identify and prevent entry of prohibited or dangerous items.
- Understand and execute the NBA’s visitor policy involving the loading dock on game day.
- Examine doors, windows and gates to ensure they are secure.
- Respond to all alarms, take proper immediate mitigation actions, give warning and make proper notifications.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all PS&E policies and Security Department rules and operating procedures.
- Interdict suspicious or dangerous activities and individuals, requesting law enforcement response when appropriate.
- Monitor/secure/open doors, gates or elevators to allow access/exit of employees, deliveries, and authorized visitors.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with patrons from varied backgrounds.
- Be able to speak and interact with employees, guests, and all contracted staff.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret instructions. and reports.
- Ability to write reports and correspondences.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from PS&E management and the public.
- Ability to peacefully diffuse angry or anxious people in stressful situations.