2024 Mallards Broadcaster Internship
Madison Mallards Baseball Club
No Longer Accepting Applications
The Madison Mallards are seeking an individual to serve as on-air broadcaster for each of their 36 home games that is streamed live on the Northwoods League (NWL) Stretch Internet platform and ESPN+. This individual will serve as the voice of the Mallards by appearing on-screen in both pre-and-post-game, live on-air during games and serving in a variety of on-camera roles in podcasts and other social media videos. Please provide examples of video work or a link to your portfolio with your application.
- Serve as the play-by-play broadcaster for all 36 Madison Mallards Northwoods League game for the online webcast. Includes pre and post game shows for regular season and playoff games.
- Understand there is the possibility of travel with the team to broadcast a portion of away games pending radio agreement.
- Write pre-game previews and post-game recaps for publication on the Madison Mallards website.
- Produce radio commercials for the Madison Mallards and business partners.
- Work closely with the marketing department and production department to produce captivating player content for Mallards social media
- Work closely with the Marketing Director and Corporate Partnerships Manager to include all sponsor and promotional live reads in game
- Coordinate with broadcast team to product pre and post game shows for live webcast
- Create Quack Reports for each of 36 Mallards home games
- Setup, breakdown, and maintaining of video production equipment
- Shoot, cut, edit, produce hype videos from game footage for social & other uses
- Work with Creative Media Manager/Marketing Director to produce relevant and interesting content on a weekly basis
- Working with the Digital Marketing Manager to create short videos that can be used online and on the video board to enhance the fan experience at the "Duck Pond." Examples include, nightly video with our Chef, video spoofs, mascots doing crazy things, etc
- Experience with video editing and software
- Previous experience directing a broadcast preferred but not required
- Proficient in video techniques, including camera positioning, lighting, etc.
- Must be a creative thinker with the ability to think of new, fun ideas to improve the fan experience through video
- A general understanding of baseball is preferred
- Ability to problem solve on the fly
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be well organized and detail oriented
- A computer for webcast production that has necessary webcast and editing software will be provided