Vancouver Whitecaps FC
No Longer Accepting Applications
- Collaborate with other departments to develop revenue-impactful strategies that create exceptional brand interactions with a clear vision and story that will resonate with fans including in-center experience, promotional communications, web, and social media.
- Mentorship of the Marketing team to support corporate/team culture and engagement, as well as development and career growth.
- Clarify and evolve the way the team develops their marketing strategy and delivers measurable ROI across the business.
- Oversight of all divisional projects, ensuring that deadlines and budget guidelines are being met or exceeded.
- Marketing Strategy and Execution
- Develop an end-to-end marketing strategy that is constructed of specific insights, objectives, results, and roadmaps that further the Club’s priority goals.
- Work with the Business Intelligence team to develop marketing KPIs and reporting that align with revenue goals for the senior executive team and ownership.
- Develop an insight-led and fan centric culture in all facets of the role
- Develop the thinking and lead the execution of marketing initiatives to help drive up revenues across all the club’s ticketing products
- Evaluate all brand initiatives to ensure consistency and steer the direction of marketing campaigns to ensure each endeavor resonates with the fan and local Vancouver community.
- Enable the Corporate Partnerships team’s revenue opportunities via new product development and Go-To-Market support.
- Manage the relationship with our merchandise retailer to develop quality branded merchandise and maximize our online and in-venue retail strategy
- Develop, edit and present high-quality materials such as marketing plans, white papers, proposals, press releases, news and online media materials, bylined articles, trend analysis summaries, executive correspondence, and presentations.
- Guide and coordinate the development of all marketing channels; provide creative input and direction; identify potential cross-promotional partners and implement strategic opportunities.
- 10+ years of Marketing leadership experience, with a proven ability to story-tell, link marketing plans and activities to business results, and leverage data and analytics to develop insights, inform plans and measure performance
- Proven leadership skills, with the ability to balance strategic and tactical functions, motivating a functionally diverse team (including graphic designers, social media producers, copywriter) in the pursuit of excellence
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to represent the Club at public events, and build strong relationships with internal and external partners
- Knowledge in sports, entertainment, business media, and well-developed skills in building and maintaining traditional and digital media relationships.
- Talented self-starter with a creative mind for strategic ideas and solutions, and strong networks within the industry, ideally within the local Vancouver market.
- Demonstrated success in leading content development and distribution that reflects the organization’s product and service strategy.