Email Marketing Manager
No Longer Accepting Applications
The USA Cycling Email Marketing Manager is responsible for improving the customer/member experience and delivering personalized and relevant communication to members, donors, and participants. This includes, but is not limited to, campaign planning/scheduling, template design, campaign build/execution, marketing automation, content creation, copywriting, KPI reporting, and project management.
This position reports to the Marketing Director and works closely with the Communications Manager.
- Develop and oversee an email marketing/communications calendar for the organization that includes newsletters, media advisories, partner/sponsor communication, marketing automation, event promotion, and one-off corporate communication initiatives.
- Develop and implement a process for collecting, managing, and deploying email marketing requests in a timely manner, including proof review/approval processes.
- Build and deploy a series of strategic lifecycle marketing and automation campaigns that support a variety of revenue channels.
- Develop and implement a segmentation strategy that allows the organization to continually deliver relevant and engaging content to various user groups.
- Design and maintain a series of standardized email marketing templates for use across multiple departments.
- Provide department leads with KPI reports and campaign metrics. Continually evaluate email marketing metrics and processes to improve communication and campaign performance.
- Prepare copy and content for select multi-channel campaigns.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the organization’s email marketing service provider and provide software training to other members of the marketing and communications staff.
- Host regular email marketing meetings with department leads to ensure all organizational email marketing needs are met and questions are addressed.
- Serve as a subject matter expert working with cross-functional teams to meet and improve communications objectives.
- Assists in the coverage of prominent events when needed.
- 3-5 years of experience in an email marketing/communications role managing at least 100+ campaigns/email sends per year.
- Experience building and managing a robust email marketing calendar with post-campaign reporting.
- Experience developing and managing email marketing intake/request processes.
- Experience developing creative content for multi-channel campaigns.
- Proven ability to lead with initiative and deliver results.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, marketing, communications, or related field.
- Experience leveraging data analytics to influence marketing and communications strategies.
- Exceptional writing, grammatical, and copy-editing skills and the ability to write original content.
- Excellent project management abilities and self-starter. Must be able to maintain multiple concurrent projects in a fast, fluid environment.