No Longer Accepting Applications
The position is responsible for supervising and ensuring the accuracy of overnight cleaning requirements for multiple venues across District Detroit.
- Responsible for the ensuring proper and efficient clean up of the facility after events by overseeing a third party contractor.
- Act as a lead post-events to ensure the facility is ready for the next day’s event.
- Participate in preparing the facility for the next day’s event by
- Operate heavy equipment (forklifts, scissor lifts, tug, boom lift, bobcat, etc.) under OSHA specifications.
- Perform heavy lifting and maneuver office equipment, complete work orders.
- Perform repair and maintenance tasks such as painting, patching and equipment repair.
- Report irregularities, discrepancies, damage, and loss of property and safety concerns promptly following reporting procedures.
- Participate in building maintenance and cleanup as required.
- Create documentation for all pertinent events and maintain daily log sheets.
- Stock and maintain supply room.
- Monitor fire suppression system.
- High school diploma or equivalent GED.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience providing informal work direction or performing in a lead capacity. Minimum of two (2) years of experience with general labor and/or operations experience.
- Knowledge of practices and procedures related to event set-up and conversion, methods and techniques for maintaining the facility and proper use and care of equipment and tools.
- Ability to use heavy equipment such as forklifts, scissor lifts, tug, boom lift, bobcat etc. with precision and accuracy.
- Working knowledge of safety requirements, public facility/venue standards, building systems and infrastructure.
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Work effectively under pressure to meet business deadlines. Adaptable through change.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, contractors and facility users.
- Knowledge of and compliance with Federal and State OSHA regulations, safety practices, including first aid and all applicable safety standards for public facilities.