Strength and Conditioning Intern
No Longer Accepting Applications
The Strength & Conditioning Intern is to assist the Cincinnati Reds strength and conditioning program in facilitating departmental initiatives at the Reds Player Development Complex. The selected candidate will report to Goodyear, AZ in January and complete the work assignment through the end of September.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will be responsible for assisting all aspects of the Cincinnati Reds Strength and Conditioning program, including but not limited to:
- Aid in the collection, distribution, and presentation of S&C metric data both at the complex and throughout the department
- Manage data and education distribution systems throughout the organization, such as TV slideshows, social media, etc.
- Support of AZ Rehab staff in the daily responsibilities of player health, performance, workload, etc., during the rehabilitation and return-to-play processes
- Leading daily warm up; monitoring weight room and on field conditioning sessions.
- Submitting weekly and monthly reports.
- Conduct literature and research reviews on topics pertinent to the S&C Department.
- Assist with the maintenance and inventory of S&C equipment
- Additional duties as needed, assigned by the Strength and Conditioning Coordinator
- Independent judgment and ability to multitask is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload.
- Strong work ethic, accountability, and have a desire to continue his/her education in the strength and conditioning field.
- Willingness to work long, flexible hours including weekends and holidays.
- Must be trustworthy and comfortable with managing large quantities of money and sensitive information.
- High level of interpersonal skills and be able to effectively communicate with wide range of departments, seniority levels and personalities.
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Basic knowledge of the sport of professional baseball