- Support Retail Management in motivating Sales Associates to achieve the fan service and sales goals of the merchandising department.
- Ensure that retail staff are engaging all fans according to WE CARE values, to create a positive and welcoming experience for every fan that visits Rogers Centre.
- Responsible for carrying out the general operations of Jays Shop locations in the most professional, organized, and profitable manner.
- Open and/or close stadium retail locations and complete end of day reporting as required.
- Assist with the training of new staff and further coaching and development of team members throughout the baseball season.
- Comprehensive understanding of all systems, products, and services available at Jays Shop.
- Maintain sufficient levels of inventory in retail locations and restock/remerchandise as needed to maximize sales potential.
- Address any fan or Jays Shop staff escalations in a confident and professional manner; finding solutions to avoid further escalation.
- Accountable for maintaining retail standards for visual merchandising, cleanliness, and health and safety of staff and fans.
- Understand, follow, and enforce all Jays Shop and Toronto Blue Jays policies and procedures as an example to the retail staff; ensure staff are following all departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
- Maintaining open and clear channels of communication with retail staff and Jays Shop management.
- Successfully lead the retail team through any additional Rogers Centre events, including concerts.
- Any other duties required.
- Previous retail and/or customer service experience required; experience in a leadership or supervisory role preferred.
- Enjoys a high energy environment and demonstrates an appreciation of the diverse backgrounds of Toronto Blue Jays fans and Jays Shop staff.
- A commitment to service excellence and fan satisfaction.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills complemented by a friendly and professional demeanour.
- Sound decision-making, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to lead a team in a fast-paced environment and work proficiently under pressure.
- Organizational competency, ability to multi-task, and manage time and resources effectively.
- A team player with a collaborative frame of mind.
- Knowledge and understanding of baseball and the Toronto Blue Jays; must adhere to the Toronto Blue Jays mission and policies.
- Physical stamina and mobility including ability to lift, carry, kneel, bend, and reach.