Media Relations Intern
*This is a paid position.
All USA Baseball employees will operate under a remote work plan for the 2021 season. All employees will be expected to work remotely during business hours, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET, unless otherwise scheduled by your supervisor or during USA Baseball sanctioned events. If assigned to work an event, employees will work on-site at an assigned facility. USA Baseball will implement strict COVID-19 guidelines for all events in 2021 in order to protect the long-term health and safety for its employees and participants.
- Brad Young, Senior Director of Media Relations
- Emily Fedewa, Assistant Director of Media Relations
- Answer daily media inquiries on behalf of the organization and events, including statistical requests and photo/video.
- Monitor media through web research and social media for opportunities to engage with and create content for the organization.
- Maintain the USA Baseball organizational history including results, rosters and statistics, as well as photos and videos.
- Create, proof, and edit content for USA Baseball’s official website, USABaseball.com, including but not limited to game recaps, feature stories, series previews, press releases, etc.
- Serve as a primary media contact at all USA Baseball events assigned, and assist with game day preparations including script writing, social media coverage, program creation, scoring, and content creation.
- Assist or serve as a press officer for a USA Baseball national team or national team development program as assigned.
- Assist all departments as needed for the organization.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Proficiency in all social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok and Twitter
- Experience writing feature stories, game recaps, media advisories and press releases
- Must have an excellent attitude and work well in a team setting
- Flexible and adaptable work schedule for changing organizational needs
- Candidates must be willing and able to work flexible, demanding hours
- Passionate about baseball with an understanding of the amateur baseball landscape
- Ability to work in both a Mac and PC environment
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Experience with GameChanger and StatCrew (The Automated Scorebook) is preferred
- Ability to serve as an official scorer under National Federation of High School Sports (NFHS) and/or Major League Baseball official rules
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university
How To Apply
El Paso Chihuahuas
- Entertain guests and fans during games, dancing, running, and engaging with guests as they watch games. Create a marketing presence at community events including f...
13 hours ago