Food & Beverage Management Internship
Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Assist with the setup and cleanup of all events held at the stadium
- Responsible for the general appearance and cleanliness of the concession areas
- Manage and supervise concession such as The Homestand, The Triple play Taqueria, The Hot Corner, The Sweet Spot and ticket package service areas to ensure exceptional fan experience
- Management of inventory and staff for vending services
- Supervise game day staff
- Heavy focus on all concessions responsibilities, including assisting with ordering food/beverage, food preparation, waste management, and management of game staff
- Act as liaison to over ten distributors of goods and services around the ballpark
- Previous experience with food/beverage handling and management preferred, but not required
- Other duties assigned by the GM
The Wisconsin Rapids Rafters are currently accepting applicants for their 2021 summer internship program. Founded in 2010, the Rafters are members of the Northwoods League, a summer collegiate league played in the Midwest and host 36 home games from the end of May through mid-August. Witter Field, the home of the Rafters, has also become a destination for non-baseball events, holding a total of 18 event dates in a Covid-19 shortened year. In 2020, the Rafters were capped at holding 650 fans per game across 25 home games. In total the Rafters attracted 20,000 plus fans with zero Covid-19 cases traced back to the ballpark. Each year the Rafters hire an intern staff of 13 across all departments. Touting a successful internship program, the Rafters have former interns in every aspect of the sports industry from pro-level sports to the university sector and everything in between.
All interns will receive a travel and housing stipend. There are educational and work components to this position. All interns must receive college credit for the internship OR this internship must qualify for a graduation requirement.
Besides game day duties, each intern will be responsible for helping prepare and maintain the ballpark prior to the start of the season, as well as participating in offsite events. Offsite events include managing part time staff, set up and tear down of the event and fulfilling any special requests made by the customer. All interns will participate in a periodic sports management classes that will be instructed by front office personnel.
How To Apply
- Only freelancers located in these US State need apply: AZ, MI, ND, KS, VA We are looking for freelancers who are knowledgeable in sports along with having experience...
1 day ago
Best Of Legacy
- Reside in Kansas, North Dakota, Michigan, Arizona and Virginia, Our 15 year old company produces high-end scrapbooks for pro athletes from all major sports. The...
1 day ago